RapidTyping Release Notes
What's New in RapidTyping 5
Edition of 3 September 2018, version 5.3
- When a user finishes the final lesson of the current course, the next course will start automatically.
- Moving students between groups. («Drag-and-Drop» or «Ctrl+X» and «Ctrl+V» shortcuts)
- Added «Speed» and «Accuracy» markers on the diagram current item's label.
- Added «Shift» and «Ctrl» hot-keys for item selection on the lesson statistics diagram.
- Moving lessons between sections and courses.
- «Create new section» command added.
- «Properties» window has been deleted from the «Lesson editor».
- The «Save statistics of the incomplete lesson» has been moved from «At the close application» section into the «Lesson Duration» section. Also, this option is disabled when «Do not stop the lesson» is selected.
- The «Save all» menu command saves all courses for all keyboard layouts.
- The «Confirmation» message box appears if the user does not have right-access to the Student/Lesson folders.
- Check-box «Apply to all» has been added to the «Confirmation» window when existing groups, students or courses are inserted.
- More than 50 bugs have been fixed.
Edition of 23 August 2016, version 5.2
- Rapid Typing is now also available as 64-bit Windows program
- User logout without closing application
- Teacher creates new student accounts with own lesson settings
- Speed and Accuracy diagrams can be displayed together or separately
- Lesson Goal is displayed on the Speed and Accuracy diagrams
- Result window and student diagrams are displayed without delay
- Using multi select to assign courses to a group
- Use native digits for numeric formatting defined by the system's regional settings
- The full support for the Right to Left languages
- Persian course for experienced students from Iran, created by Sayyid AliReza
- Rapid Typing Italian distributive with full Italian localisation(including Help) created, www.rapidtyping.com/it
- Many performance improvements
Edition of 22 December 2015, version 5.1
- Ergonomics interface design in the Windows 10 style
- Now, RapidTyping suggests the shortest way of typing the composite characters
- Application now launches faster over the local network in classrooms
- New French express-course for advanced users by François Goethals
Edition of 24 November 2015, version 5.0.108
- Added the support of characters entered using the Alt+Num key combination.
- Updated the "Login" dialog window where the group/student name can be entered into a corresponding field or selected from a list. All of the entered data is validated.
You can now select several groups and assign the courses to all of them.
Fixed a number of bugs in the classroom, including an update to the current lesson on a students' machine if a teacher has deleted or modified the lesson or course with this lesson; the results are properly exported to PDF on Windows 10 systems and many other minor bugs.
Edition of 29 October 2015, version 5.0.107
- Added the Italian UI language.
- Fixed minor bugs.
Edition of 20 October 2015, version 5.0.106
- Fixed bugs that occurred while working with touch-sensitive displays.
- Disabled the possibility to work with a virtual keyboard using a mouse on systems without a touch-sensitive display.
- Fixed a bug with the virtual AZERTY keyboard resetting to QWERTY during French lessons.
- Fixed minor bugs, including course renaming with a double click, changing the width of the student list window, etc.
- Added the Albanian UI language.
Edition of 16 September 2015, version 5.0.105
- compatibility with Windows 10 improved
- installation on Linux-Wine improved
- French-Belgian courses added
- the highlight of main menu item is fixed
- Show/Hide button on the Student List is added
- Uzbek language added
Edition of 30 March 2015, version 5.0.101
- Finnish courses added
- English courses updated
- Chinese, Chinese-Taiwan, French, Polish, Portuguese-Brazil, Spanish, German and Turkish interface language added
- bug fixing
Edition of 3 February 2015, version 5.0.99
- Results window improved
- new statistics parameter: Done
- multi-column context menu for choose current lesson
- working with properties of the lesson improved in the Lesson Editor
- Kurdish interface language added
- English, Greek, Hungarian Help files updated, Russian Help added
Edition of 10 December 2014
- export the student/group statistics, in PDF, HTML, XML, CSV formats
- new statistics parameter: Net Speed
- new statistics parameters: Fixed words, Fixed characters
- coloring in table the good/bad results
- new course options: lesson duration
- new course options: the end of the lesson
- new course options: at the close application
- new command: import students in XML format
- new command: export student statistics in PDF, HTML, XML, CSV formats
Edition of 25 August 2013
- speed and accuracy for current lesson in real time
- remaining and elapsed lesson time
- passed lessons marked in the Lesson menu
- support for multi-language lessons
- support for laptop keyboards
- added support for student groups
- different courses assigned to different student groups
- student password
- student statistics from teacher's computer( or system administrator )
- now, convenient to add big number of students
- import/export the student/group statistics
- overall lesson rate added;
- statistics for each symbol/key ( speed, error, time-out ) typed added
- statistics for keystrokes added ( includes the system keys type: Shift, Alt, BackSpace, repeated error keystrokes )
- preview the course, lesson and char/key statistics together
- undo/redo for course edit
- split lesson by character, words, sentence, paragraph
- import/export lesson course( including course options )
- new course option: customise definitions of good/bad results
- new course option: customise metronome options
- new course option: show/hide metronome
- new course option: show/hide the Result window in the final lesson
- new course option: show/hide the lesson text highlight
- new course option: enable/disable the BackSpace key
- English courses updated
- Greek courses updated
- French courses added
- Hungarian courses added
- Netherlands courses added
- Introduction and Beginner courses are enabled for all languages