The Rapid Typing release is available in 24 languages; however, the release notes are only in English and we can only accept feedback in English at this time.
Edition of 23 December 2010
Most important Rapid Typing Tutor 3.4.3 features include the following:
- Added the BackSpace key support;
- Added modes for continue lesson:
"Requires the fixing the wrong characters";
"Requires the right character type",
- Speed up the startup application:
- Updated Chinese Traditional translation ( thanks to Robert Lee );
Edition of 10 December 2010
Most important Rapid Typing Tutor 3.4 features include the following:
- Added Serbian interface translation; Thanks to Ivan Starchevicy
- Added full Russian lesson course; Thanks to Tatiana Belous
- Added support for Euro-keyboard( Alt Gr symbols );
- Added support fonts with non-fixed width;
- Added support Unicode fonts;
- Added customizing of lesson and keyboard fonts;( Options->Lesson->Font )
- Added English lessons for follow Latin keyboard layouts:
French Belgium Comma
French Canadian-French Legacy
Italian Swiss French
Italian Swiss German
Portuguese Brazilian ABNT
Portuguese Brazilian ABNT 2
Spain Latin American
Edition of 16 November 2010
Most important Rapid Typing Tutor 3.3.6 features include the following:
- Added Tips panel for beginner;
- Added the lesson creating from file(s)
- Added full German lesson course; Thanks to Matthias Eller
- Added full Arabic lesson course; Thanks to Ibraheem Saed
- Added the silent install mode;
- Updated the German interface translation.Thanks to Matthias Eller
- Fixed the font char-set bug in some languages;
- Fixed some controls in the right-left interface.
Edition of 9 September 2010
Most important Rapid Typing Tutor 3.3 features include the following:
- Added Arabic interface language; Thanks to Ibraheem Saed
- Fixed bug with right-left text direction on the Arabic and Hebrew keyboard layout;
- Fixed visual bug with pictures in the lesson window on some video-cards;
- Removed a repeated sounds on the Shift key;
- Updated Chines Traditional interface language; Thanks to Robert Lee
- Updated Bosnian interface language; Thanks to Belmar Begic
Edition of 14 July 2010
Most important Rapid Typing Tutor 3.2.9 features include the following:
- Added lesson background schemes;
- Added support the right-left languages in the typing lessons; Thanks to Ardeshir Abasi for detailed bug report
- Improved work on older video cards.
- Fixed the running bug on the some Windows version.
Edition of 23 June 2010
Most important Rapid Typing Tutor 3.2.7 features include the following:
- Added Greek interface language. Thanks to geogeo.gr
- Updated Chinese Traditional interface language. Thanks to Robert Lee
- Updated Bulgarian interface language. Thanks to Stoyan Dimitrov
- Updated Farsi interface language. Thanks to Ardeshir Abasi
- Fixed bug with system context menu ( by Alt+Enter ). Thanks to Stoyan Dimitrov for detailed bug report
- Fixed bug with label and the numbers on "Results" dialog box on the left are in WPM. Thanks to Stoyan Dimitrov
- Fixed the running bug on the Windows XP SP2. Thanks to Sushma Dave, Mridula
Edition of 10 June 2010
Most important Rapid Typing Tutor 3.2.5 features include the following:
- Added the control "Sound" in the main window;
- Added the background music;
- Added more 30 sound effects;
- Added the mode of the random choose of sound effect;
- Added support of the sound schemes.
- Added Farsi interface language. Thanks to Ardeshir Abasi
- Added support right-left interface.
- Fixed bug with "Wait cursor" on the some dialog boxes.
Edition of 31 May 2010
Most important Rapid Typing Tutor 3.2.3 features include the following:
- Added the notice "Caps Lock was pressed" in the window "Current Lesson";
Thanks for the idea Lori Salazar
- Added highlight of current lessons language in the menu "Language".
- Added support of the addition "Theme Colors".
- Added support of the addition "User Avatar".
- Added support of the addition "Spanish lesson course".Thanks to Donald Loseff
- Fixed: The parameter "Speed" in the "Results" dialog box depends upon selected parameters in the Options->Statistics window;
- Fixed bug with right thumb on the virtual keyboard;
- Fixed visual bug on the bottom of large statistics table.
- Fixed restoring position of the window "Options".
- Fixed restoring position of the current lesson.
- Improved mode "Pause" in the window "Current lesson";
- Disabled processing system keys such as Volume Up, Volume Down etc. in the current lesson;
Edition of 11 May 2010
Most important Rapid Typing Tutor 3.2 features include the following:
- Added icons for marking of numpad/mainpad lessons;
- Added dialogs "Lesson Properties", "Section Properties";
- Added 99 colors for interface themes;
- Fixed bugs of user course editing;
- Fixed disappearance of the translation in the dialog "Options";
- Fixed visual bug on the splitter;
- Fixed sound-driver bug on some versions of the Windows 7;
Edition of 21 April 2010
Most important Rapid Typing Tutor 3.1.5 features include the following:
- Additional numeric pad typing lessons;
- Added numeric virtual keyboard;
- Added system key names on the virtual keyboard;
- Added the "Course Properties" dialog box;
- Added a "Copy & Paste" menu to the Lesson Editor;
- Restored the "Lesson Editor" tab;
- Fixed the saving of user files under Microsoft Vista/Windows 7 (requires full reinstall for version 3.0 and 3.1 );
- Fixed previous "import" bugs (for RT version 2 lesson users);
- Fixed virtual keyboard highlights in the lesson editor;
- Fixed a "rename user lesson" bug;
- Changed background color on virtual keyboards;
- Improved the mapping of virtual hands;
Edition of 5 April 2010
Most Important Rapid Typing Tutor 3.1.1 feature improvements:
- Added the full courses for Dvorak, Dvorak left hand, and Dvorak right hand layouts.
- Added Albanian translation. Thanks to Artur Lugu, Teola Shkodra, Loreta Tomaj.
- Added keyboard auto-detect.
- Added a new keyboard type.
- Improved both the basic and main courses (corrected and added lessons for all keyboard types).
- Added a welcome message on the start lesson.
- Updated the French translation. Thanks to Sophie.
- Updated the dialog buttons.
- Fixed a bug that existed with the updating of the "Current Language" caption on the "Options" dialog box.
- Fixed a bug that existed with the coloring menu on the "Options" dialog box.
- Changed the color of the current lesson text (it is lighter now).
- Fixed previous memory leaks.
Edition of 10 March 2010
Notable Rapid Typing Tutor 3.0 features include:
- Available in 19 languages.Thanks to Donald Loseff, Gustavo Firveda, Robert Lee, Martijn, Street Jaanus, Davis Sheyko, Stefan Stefanov, Andrey Lisovoy.
- A new User's Manual. Thanks to writer Keith Johnson from USA(Florida).
- Added touch typing lesson course for Spanish Traditional and Ecuador keyboards.Thanks to Donald Lossef from Spain.
- Improved interface of application. Thanks to designer Tatiana Belous from Ukraine.
- Fixed bug on the Hungary virtual keyboard. Thanks to Judit Horvath(Losha) from Hungary.
- Improved large lessons performance.
- Support for a new lesson courses created users.
- Improved navigation by lessons.
very good software from beginners to advanced ones thanx for making it a freeware
rapid typing tutor is very good software to type fast you should also download this