Free typing tutor * Online typing test * Typing games
RapidTyping 5 Help
This manual describes the basic information and use of the RapidTyping 5.
RapidTyping software supports a variety of features, which include:
Courses for beginners, experienced typists and professional testing
- The Introduction and Beginner courses helps to learn the position of keys on the keyboard. After completing this course, you will know which finger to use to hit each key without looking at the keyboard. The course also covers upper-case letters, special symbols, and the numeric pad.
- The Experienced course helps to improve your typing speed by memorizing frequently used syllables and words.
- The Advanced course helps you to perfect the skills acquired by typing an actual text.
- The Testing course tests your touch typing skills.
- Introduction and Beginner courses are available for all keyboard layouts.
- Experienced and Advanced courses are available for: Arabic, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish layouts.
- Testing course for English keyboard layout.
- To help you learn how to place your fingers on the keyboard, Typing Tutor displays a virtual keyboard with zone highlights. In this way, you'll always know which finger belongs to which zone.
- RapidTyping supports almost all keyboard layouts, included QWERTY, Dvorak, Dvorak for left or right hand, BEPO, Colemak, QWERTZ, AZERTY, ABNT2 and many others layouts.
- RapidTyping supports one, two and tree block keyboards. The ergonomic keyboard and numeric pad is also covered.
- To further simplify your typing lessons, Typing Tutor displays two moving hands over the keyboard. The hands show which finger you have to use to press the current key.
- You can also create a course of your own. RapidTyping offers a built-in Lesson editor that lets you insert txt or rtf text segments of any size.
- The editor can split a long text into lessons of specific length.
- The editor shows the number of words and symbols in a lesson and the ratio between letters and the tabultation and line wrapping special symbols. The editor filters out symbols that are missing on the existing keyboard from the imported text (such as special Word symbols or foreign-language symbols).
- Symbols covered by the lesson are highlighted on the virtual keyboard.
- RapidTyping tracks the learning progress, and allows you to view the results at any time. You can evaluate your own performance or that of your kids or students by simply looking at charts.
- Your statistics are represented as tables and charts, allowing you to view your progress and motivating you to take yet another lesson.
- The statistics reflect your typing speed, accuracy and overall assessment of each lesson
Export of training outcomes
- RapidTyping can easy exports the student / group statistics, in the PDF, HTML, XML, CSV formats
- RapidTyping can be installed on the teacher's computer in a classroom, so that it can be easily run on each workstation over the local network.
- The teacher can monitor the process of learning/testing of students on his computer.
- Using the command line will help to import a big number of groups or export the student statistics in one click.
Interface languages are available for your choice:
- Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian.
Rapid typing tutor is very best and helpful to me. It increases my speed in typing.
The online test is also helpful. It is very useful software.
very good software from beginners to advanced ones thanx for making it a freeware
Write your own review